Thursday, November 12, 2009

$$$$$$$

I found myself reading lots of article from the internet about how bad the economy is doing in US. News of recession hitting hard, jobless rate is hitting 11%, unemployed living on severance, jobless people remain jobless for more than 6 months after sending hundred of resume applying for job. The typical sad news that make every job seeker very demotivate. If you are looking for a job, please remember not to check those article like I do.

At this rate, I think I should start worrying bout getting a job when I graduate; instead of worrying my routinely-uninteresting work once I got a job. I must be fucking dumb to hate working if I never actually get a job, right?

I think my mom just found more reason to nag me and stop me from spending. Lol.

On a lighter note, according to this article. Civil engineering related field seems to be getting quite some good pay, eg: Hydrologist, environmental engineer, construction project manager.

But notice at the end of the article? The salaries listed are median, annual salaries for full-time workers with 5-8 years of experience and include any bonuses, commissions or profit sharing.

How you get 5-8 years of working experience if you never get a job to start with?

No comments: