Saturday, July 28, 2007

Cave Exploring

Woohoo, finally the long awaited weekend is here. I started to have quite a lot of assignments that most of them due in a week time, but to hell with it, I won't let them spoil my weekend.

Went to Bau to visit some caves(dun ask me where is Bau, i only noe it takes around 45 minutes drive from my uni). It was something new and i have never visited any cave before(They ask: eh ur KL there got Batu Cave and i reply Batu Cave is not in KL haha).

The first cave we visited is Fairy Cave, not sure why they use that name because there is only a statue(man made) situated there, small small 1 some more. This is a small cave and because there is nothing much to explored, is free of charge(hooray, remind me of the trip with my Grandpa to China, which u need to pay for almost everything).


Stairs which lead to the entrance of Fairy Cave.

Nice view. Since the sun can easily shine into the cave hence no bat live in this cave(dun be disappointed as there are so many caves in Sarawak).

Going down seems to be much easier, i wonder why.



Then we went to this second cave named Wind cave which situated 10 minutes away from the previous 1( if i drive i think it will be around 5 minutes only la).
This is a whole lot bigger cave, and because you might get hit by bat's dropping, they charge 2 ringgit as entrance fees( i m so lucky that i have no small notes so some1 else pay for me, haha with 2 ringgit i can eat kolot mee in the canteen).

This cave is tougher than the 1 before as it involve squatting and a bit of crawling. But this cave is like 5/6 times bigger than Fairy Cave(FYI, there is no wind, NO WIND AT ALL inside the cave).
The only thing i wan to complaint is some of my friends jump at every chance they have to flash their torchlight to the sleeping bats( how will you like some 1 shaking ur bed while u r sleeping).

Entrance to Wind Cave, there is nothing down there, they are just posing.


All picture in this cave are taken with my phone and because of that i can only take picture in the cave which have opening and hence sunlight can penetrate(sorry, no picture of bats taken)

Muahahaha my favorite photo because after this photo we went to makan.

To xiong,
my picture taking skill got improve anot?

No comments: