Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pray to seek guidance?

I went for church service yesterday morning, funny thing is i never do that back at KL. But since I have tonnes of free time and my senior ask me to join along so why should I say no anyway?

I enjoyed through out whole of it, I join the church members singing happily(at one moment, i almost wan to jump to the fellow with guitar and play it instead, man i miss all my wife back at home). Then there are some testimonies by members. Basically is all about when they are in difficulties they start to pray, when they start to pray they soon received help from God.

So being a free-thinker myself, i always believe in cause and out-come. Those members say that they pray before they go for an interview and they succeed( I believe that u get the job because u do well in the interview, and u do well because u r prepared). Each and every single one of them speak of praying to God when they need help.

I was so tempted to ask one very fundamental yet offensive question : Do we pray only when we need help?
But i didn't because i know that is so unwise as 99.5% people around me are Christian and they believe that praying is the way to worship their God.

In my way of thinking is, they pray because they are seeking for something that will give them confidence. They pray when they found out that they have no better plan. Or worst, because they listen too many stories about people praying and get wat they want so they pray as well.

And after I listen to the pastor explaining parts of the bible, i make a conclusion myself that it is more or less like Confucious. It teaches us to apply common sense and behave like a person in our life. If everything u do is right and so positive, there is no way you gonna get something bad for ur result.

See, i told you i m too free and now that i even make comparison between Chinese believing and Christian's.

P.S : please leave a comment tagged along with this post because i seriously wan to know yours opinion about this.

No comments: