Friday, January 26, 2007

And You Thought Teaching Was Easy?

Hello again, i just came back after teaching. I have to teach 6 days in my first week here =.=". Luckily some of my students are so cute and adorable that it cheer my day up. I'm currently replacing classes of a teacher who is on confinement leave. So now I'm the form teacher of a standard 3 class, i teach them chinese, maths and moral. Okay enough about how i behave in the past, go easy on me. I CAN TEACH MORAL!!!! And no worries about my severe swearing, so far I have not been doing it at school. LoLz

The first day here I can't do much teaching because they were separated and divided to temporary stay at other class. Now that they have a teacher(might not be a very good one, but hey i can teach alright), they have to come back. My first task was to understand how much the previous teacher have teaches them. Trust me, to speak louder than the noise of 37 kids can be quite tough. At the assembly, i can't help noticing some other student saying things like: eh that new teacher(me) is a boy or girl? EXCUSE ME, do i look like a gal?

I waste no time on the second day and start to teach as soon as i entered the class. Considering that they are just some 9 years old kids, I don't expect them to give me response and answer 100% the way i wanted it to be. There are a few girls who will come out and ask me if their answer were right every time i finish a question. I get irritated when they ask so frequently, but they have those sweet innocent look that melted my heart and I just have to entertain them.

My initial plan of being a nice teacher that don't scold doesn't work well as I have to start shouting at some student that are making too much noise. I told them rationally that is either I do the scolding or some other teacher will start the caning. Haha it work out like some spell cast by Harry Potter, the class was at that moment so quiet , well at least for 2 periods. I start marking the students work and was kinda sad knowing that all the discussion I have in the class was not giving me the result that i want.

Do you know that the which is the worst part of being a teacher? The marking? The mischievous students? NO. It is the daily report we have to write, is not like the blogging that I'm doing. I have to write what the ministry want to see and not the truth about how i teach. I guess every occupation have its own problem that others can't see. The first week here was good and beneficial to me. I'm doing something different from the past and I'm been trained to be a better person.

No comments: