Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't Complaint, Start by Being More Considerate

Welcome to my first entry for the year. I remember i used to have a successful yet not continuous short blog. Now that I have more time, I decided to come back and write again as I got lots to say but not much people to talk to. In any case if I wrote too much crap, please bear with me.

For those of you that might not know, I'm now working as temporary teacher at a primary situated very near my house. Haha, unbelievable? believe it my friend. So this morning, i was having my break in the teacher's canteen, I heard some conversation of some teachers that caught my attention instantly.

Teacher A was complaining about some police who stop her car on the road and instead of issuing her a summon; he ask for 30 bucks to settled thing up. Knowing herself was wrong in the first place, Teacher A was facing the dilemma of either paying for the fine or the bribe. In the end she ask for the summon. There she sit, in the small teacher's canteen with her head high up. She says: I rather pay more than to let this bad habit(bribery) grow stronger. Well the rest of the teacher told something of similar case.

After hearing their conversation,I started to think: Who should we blame for this kind of problem? Road users? The policeman? IF all the road users will just obey the law and never go against it, they are not giving any chance for the policeman to stop them. IF the policeman were some good policeman who swear not to accept bribery, no one will actually complaint. BUT things aren't that simple and believe in this case we should point our fingers to the government.

Hey, I m not saying that i agree it was the policeman's fault! I say is the policy of the government which is not working well here that causes all these problems. People who always compared bout police in foreign country and ours are foolish. DO YOU KNOW that police at those country have much higher pay than us? Their wellfare is whole lot better than our police. Their family are well taken care of. So do you expect some low rank police here to survive with their pay of few hundred to a thousand?

You see, when people face difficulties they will start finding way to solve it. In this case, those poor police will try to get more money. How? Yeah you figure it out, from law offender who are not willing to pay for the summons. So next time before you start complaining and yell at something that you think it might be wrong, try to considerate first. What might be the cause?

Kinda long for a first post , anyway hope u enjoyed it and feel free to give a comment or two.

1 comment:

kmp said...

Tell more about your life facing your young students mah, we the fans are so eager to hear about it in details, from you the lead singer!