Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Queen N Nirvana

As you turn on your radio listening to your favorite channel, have you ever come across the feeling of suddenly hating a song that you enjoy listening to very much lately?

Well, I alway have this feeling. I guess it has everything to do with the fact that some of the songs played on the radio has been play for not less than 10 times in a day.

So once a while, I will turn on my own play list and listen to some of the old yet beautifully crafted songs, songs that you once enjoy listening to a lot till you get tired of it, songs that you enjoy listening to because it tells something that you actually feel connected to in a way.

It also brings out a nostalgic feeling hidden within your body, is like you have been waiting for it for so long yet you somehow forget bout it. Talk about contradicting and ironic.

When I was listening to Nirvana again few months back, I suddenly feel that I understand how Kurt Cobain feels. His voice singing to the lyrics he wrote, everything seems to perfect and in harmony with the guitar strumming.

And I feel exactly the same thing when I listened to Queen's album today. I can feel the joy in their song, their passion behind it. They are not worried about their record not selling 2 million copies, they just did what they they do the best which is to bring wonderful music to the world.

People will call me hypocrite because I can easily sing out any tunes that is currently playing like mad on radio, tunes that people consider are HOT now. But they are just not the same anymore, is like these songs doesn't make you think as how I would whenever I listen to Led Zep or Queen.

No comments: