Friday, April 2, 2010

late april fool post

Wanted to write this in Chinese initially so that people who can’t read Chinese will not think that I am racist, but after much consideration, I decided to write it in English so that everyone can get whatever that I am trying to express here.


I love Malaysia, the food, the people, the street, Mid Valley, the weather and etc. But one thing that I don’t like at all is how we are being fooled by the government (actually not the whole organization, but merely some top position in the Cabinet) of this whole 1Malaysia campaign. Don’t get me wrong, I am not against the unity among different races concept. But is just a task that can never be accomplished. At least it is not achievable so long as the government continue on with the policy of Bumiputera Superiority (BS).


Okay, some might start to say that I am playing with fire by bringing this sensitive issue up. That is not my intention: to stir up more displeasure of non-Bumi. NO. I am talking something bigger here. I am always against any double standard in anything. Since young, we are taught to be fair and everyone deserved equal right and chance in everything. Yet, in real life…… (fill in anything that you like here)


One thing great about human is the way we adapt to things, unlike animal, we can adapt in different kind of situation and environment. So I am getting use to this BS, and I will never get to do anything to change that. Is just that I’m really fed up by this joke they play with the 1Malaysia thing right now.


I think I should really move into the real reason I wrote this post.

So today is April Fool, and I was listening to the news on radio (yeah, u heard me right, the news). There is this news about DPM making the following remark: Malay special right will always come first, 1Malaysia will follow behind.


Then the news continued on about our PM backing his deputy: DPM is right. He is just quoting what is stated in the Constitution(okay, I’m sorry if I didn’t get the term right, but in Bahasa, is Perlembagaan).

As if the first news about the DPM is not hilarious enough, the second news did well to outshine the former. I was laughing in my heart when I heard the news.


The government is throwing spending multimillion to promote and instill the whole 1Malaysia spirit in our people. The concept is really splendid, one big united family consisting different races. No more distinguishing between Malay, Chinese, Indian and the rest of minority races. We are equal, we are loving each other as a family. We share everything, the Bumi have BS, the non-Bumi have nothing.


See where the problem lies? It doesn’t really look equal and fair, isn’t it? You are telling us to unite and walk hands in hands to prosperity and 2020, yet you sit on top of everyone playing with superiority and second class. How can we be really united? Is only human nature that we feel envy or jealous of people having advantage over us, is not a crime for us toe feel that way.


Stop pouring more money into the whole 1Malaysia thing if you still want to hold on to the special right. Withdraw the so called 1Malaysia F1 team which is the most absurd idea I ever heard, unity of a nation on the back of a 4 wheel racing car?


Just leave us as how we are previously, and by that I meant the pre-1Malaysia period. We are doing pretty well anyway, spend that hundred million on developing the country infrastructure and improve the quality of US, the people’s life and welfare.


P.S: As I stated previously, this is my blog, I’m just giving my point of view on things I seen, I experienced and I felt.

P.P.S. : I turn on anonymous comment so that anyone of you can just give your comment without needing your ID.

3 comments:

ahpooh said...

sensitive yet serious huh...what are politics? a two faced show...it'll nvr be liberal enuf

Anonymous said...

yo nick here. my two sens (well, if you round it up according to the current payment, you'll get my zero sens. haha) for me, i believe in 1malaysia. i personally believe that PM Najib wants to be fair and all. Najib as a person. not as an umno leader. he liberalized some part of the economy. he ensures transparency in tender issues. he approved a lot of projects that is beneficial to all (west malaysians). muhyiddin might x believe in this as his background is totally different from najib. i'm x saying that najib is so good and all, but prior to 1malaysia, i believe the racial condition was worse. at least today i see em malays opening to non malays in a lot of ways. again, not to say that now everyone enjoys equal benefits. but we can't deny that it's a step closer. i'm a fan of russel peters, and at this one show, he mentioned that he thought that when he was indian, he thought he was all indian. not until he reached mumbai that he realized that when he is racially indian, he is actually culturally canadian. i wish to see a day that us malaysians be racially different but culturally malaysian :)

Anonymous said...

oh by the way, go youtube russell peters. damn hilarious!!!
Nickster